• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Tips for taking the CPC exam

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I did not pass the first time but I knew I would not because I am still taking the AAPC medical coding course. I atleast had to take it once. Right now I am trying to finish the course. The hardest part for me is the case studies. Any tips you can give me will be greatly appreciate. I love the webinars and you laureen and Alicia.

Thanks

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Practice, practice, practice - that is how you get better and more efficient at anything. I know what you mean though - you see all these paragraphs of information and it can be overwhelming. For op reports start with the the procedure title and start to look that up in the index. Then when you go to the codes it directs you to figure out what the difference is between the codes and read the report to see which one best fits your documentation. Then read through it to see if there are any ancillary procedures you can bill for that were not explicitly mentioned in the procedure title. That's where a lot of money is left on the table.

If you're not sure if a procedure is included (bundled) into your main procedure pop it into and encoder to check CCI edits. I like using Findacode

Here's a video I did recently on checking CCI edits

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Is there anything else that is similar to Find-A-Code that is not very expensive, but will give you the same results as Find-A-Code? Thanks!